Thursday, April 14, 2011

Penelope "Penny" June

 
 
She is here!!!

The first of seven little ones to come this year!
 
This diaper cake is a little on the late side 
( I wasn't able to make it to Camille and Jason's baby shower)




I started off by buying;


A pack of 60 swaddlers size 2 and a small shampoo bottle 


(Mama to be- choice of shampoo)

I then rolled all 60 diapers like cigars 
 
and rubber banded them in place
 
Tip: Keep all the rubber bands
 
in the middle or closer to the bottom




 



Since this is a smaller pack of diapers then I normally use

I placed a roll of toilet paper as the base

I have done this in the past, and it actually seems to work best  




After the third tier is added

I measure out some ribbon 

and fasten it in the back 

with hot glue 








This is an added touch
that I have really grown to love




It is just simple crinkled paper 
sold at most craft stores
and in many many colors






Now for the cute stuff!!!

Using the cricut machine
I cut out the baby's name

and two adorable owls
(mama's favorite)

This gives it a more personal feel

and it is way to friggin cute!!

No comments:

Post a Comment