Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Diaper Cakes

You always hear about pregnancies coming in bouts of three,

but I strongly disagree!

In my circle of friends, family and acquaintances,
it is usually more like sixes!! 

SO when it comes to the gift giving,
I like to give all my soon to be mamas,
something practical and useful, but also a Lil cutesy!


 I love making diaper cakes, you can make them so personal.

I made this one for my friend Brittany
who was having a baby boy, names Tyseon! 
we all call him Prince though!!    :-)



I rolled each diaper (I used an 80pack of size 2) 
in to cigar shapes and rubber banded them in to place

The bottom tier has a Baby lotion/soap 
(or you can use the rounded baby wipe containers) 

After you have that in place, on at a time place the rolled diapers,
until you have a neat row. 

Rubber band this entire row around the lotion.

Continue until your base is the size that you like. 

(I used 4 rows for the bottom , 3 for the middle and 2 for the top)



 To add the ribbon, I measured how much I would need of each color 
and then Glue Gunned the two ends together.

The special Mickey Mouse cut outs were made using My Cricut
with the Mickey Mouse letter cartridge.

 I have done quite a few diaper cakes
(as i said, the people in my life really love making babies hehe!! ) 

but I have to admit this was my all time favorite cake!

They always seem to get better and more creative as I make them and of course are so enjoyable! 

They also make  a great center piece at baby showers!

No comments:

Post a Comment